A versatile inflatable support pillow unlike anything else on the market, TheraPouf was created by a woman who suffered from severe back pain. After several expensive back surgeries, a doctor recommended she use an inflatable beach ball to aid in back support. This was not an effective solution. So she improved upon that idea by designing a neoprene cover around the inflatable. Adding a pocket to hold a gel pack and an adjustable strap, she put it all together, and Pouf… Problem Solved!
What is TheraPouf?
TheraPouf is a patented, trademarked product that is made in the U.S.A. It provides excellent back support and aids in achieving a neutral spine position. Additionally, it can used for neck and joint pain relief. Each package includes an inflatable pillow, a soft, water-resistant neoprene sleeve, and a gel pack.
The Benefits of TheraPouf for Back Pain, Neck Pain and Joint Pain
Although it was primarily designed for back pain, there are many ways to TheraPouf, including for neck and joint pain. Here are just some of the benefits you’ll experience with TheraPouf:
- For back pain, use TheraPouf with or without hot or cold therapy to align your spine, creating a neutral spine position and distributing pressure to the entire back.
- For joint pain, use TheraPouf where you need it most, easily adjusting the size, firmness, and shape of the inflatable pillow, and securing the strap around an elbow or knee to provide comfort and support.
- For neck pain, lie down on your back, positioning TheraPouf under your neck with hot or cold therapy if desired.
- Used as a travel pillow, TheraPouf adjusts to provide comfortable neck or back support.
Who Needs TheraPouf?
- Chronic back pain sufferers
- Surgical patients
- Athletes of all ages
- People who sit for long periods of time
- Anyone who suffers from day-to-day aches and pains
How to Use TheraPouf
1. Insert the deflated pillow into the neoprene sleeve. Partially inflate the pillow, adjusting inflation as needed. Then, cinch the sleeve closed around it.
2. Place a warm or cold gel pack in the exterior pocket of the neoprene sleeve. For ice/heat therapy instructions, see gel pack back.
3. Apply the hot or cold pocket to the area of your body that needs therapy. Use the strap to secure it in place, if needed. To care for your TheraPouf sleeve, machine wash warm, tumble dry on low heat.
Suggested Uses for TheraPouf
- While seated - watching TV, at the office, driving, etc. – align TheraPouf vertically along the spine. The counter pressure that is created in movement shifts support to where it is needed. As TheraPouf contours to the back, you will achieve a neutral spine position, which allows for comfort and pain relief.
- Prop limbs on an inflated TheraPouf for comfort and elevation as you apply heat or cold.
- Wrap TheraPouf around joints or limbs, using the attached strap to comfortably keep TheraPouf in place.
- Used as a travel pillow, TheraPouf provides back or neck support. It is small and lightweight, and it can be deflated for packing or attached to your rolling suitcase with the strap.